Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Maja Salvador and Shamcey Supsup Night

I'm a guitarist, keyboardist, rapper, singer, composer signed up with the band, Centerpoint.


ALAM MO BA ANG IBIG SABIHIN NG FORTUNATE?

One night we had a gig with Maja Salvador at the KCC Convention Center.



We did a cover of "Ako's Sa'yo at Ika'y Sa'kin", comically translating each phrase of the first part into English.  Deane sings Tagalog - iTranslate.  I sang the rest of the next part.  As it happened, I went down to fetch miss Maja from the judges' table (she was there as a guest judge for the beforehand band battle) and she JAMMED.  I didn't expect that!  But yeah I had to bring her up onstage and voila - RAKENLOL EPIC MOMENT GILING GILING.

On the same night of September 20, 2011, we went to perform for Shamcey Supsup's homecoming show at the Lagao Gymnasium.


I was supposed to wear a buttoned shirt for it but one of my friends had a hold of my bag and took off for a spot with the crowd - and there was no nuf time to go look for and dress up. 


We did the same comical cover and had a good laugh with everyone in the venue.  But siyempre, that second part was my moment.  I kinda went down, off the stage and JAMMED with ate Shamcey.  Hindi KJ si ate Shamcey so MOMENT NANAMAN!

Having been given the opportunities of those performances was boom boom pow for me.  It was more than enough.  But I can't help but mention na nag nose to nose kami ni Ms. Maja.


And I got to be shown in Bandila not for a crime.


My conclusion, gusgusin man ako't tila busabos mahal parin ako ng Diyos.

I earned the place too by pursuing excellence by practicing my heaven sent craft for permanent.

With great power comes big electricity bill.

I do hope I entertained as much as I was entertained.

Masuya - Tuwad

No comments:

Post a Comment